If you encounter error 13001 during startup of Pro Tools First, this is likely due to the program having insufficient privileges by default after installation.
To remedy; enable the executable to run as administrator.
- Navigate to the installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools First)
- Right-click on ProToolsFirst.exe > Properties
- Tick the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ setting.
- Press OK and start the program
Today the following warning appeared when I tried to start Spotify.
To fix (until it is patched properly) you can run the application in compatibility mode (see screenshots below).
- Right-click on the Spotify application icon
- Compatibility tab
- Select ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)‘